Getting married at our church?
Getting married is a legal undertaking and there are certain criteria that need to be met before you can arrange a service in church.
You need to ‘qualify’ to use one of our churches using just one of the requirements below:
- If one of you lives in the parish - that is the ecclesiastical parish not the civil parish (use Parish finder to check);
- If either of you is on the church's Electoral Roll (see church membership page for further information);
- If one of you was baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish;
- If one of you has ever lived in the parish for six months or more;
- If one of you has at any time regularly attended public worship in the parish for six months or more;
- If one of your parents has lived in the parish for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
- If one of your parents has regularly attended public worship there for six months or more in their child’s lifetime;
- If one of your parents or grandparents were married in the parish.
(All of these refer to Church of England services)
For information about the marriage of foreign nationals - click here.
- Church Office
- C/o St Martins Church Rd
- Chavey Down
- SL5 8RR