St Martin's Chavey Down Charity Lottery
Dear Friend of St Martin’s,
Our Church, Hall and Car Park are valuable assets for the whole community, entirely funded by the donations of the St Martin’s congregation and the fees from hiring out the hall: we do not receive funding from central government or The Church of England. With the hall being closed due to covid restrictions for most of the past 18 months we have received little income.
To help secure the future of these facilities and to help with maintenance and running costs, we are launching the St Martin’s Chavey Down - Charity Lottery and would like to invite you to join. This is an open invitation to all where for an annual payment of £12 you will be allocated your own unique lottery number which will be entered into a quarterly draw for one of 3 cash prizes.
The prize fund will be 25% of the total payments received. As a minimum, we looking for 100 entries so for the equivalent of £3 per draw, the quarterly prizes will be:
1st Prize = £50
2nd Prize = £20
3rd Prize = £5
The remainder of the donations will be used to cover maintenance and running costs of the facilities.
The draw will take place on the 1st Sunday of each quarter (Jan, Apr, Jul & Oct). Only allocated numbers will be included in the lottery so the prizes will be won each time with no rollover. The winning numbers will be displayed on the church parish website, numbers and names will be displayed in the entrance porch at St Martin’s Church and winners will be contacted using the contact details provided with their entry fee.
Subject to sufficient entries, the first draw will be made on 3rd October 2021.
To join the lottery, please complete the form, and pay the corresponding annual payment of £12.
Please help to support your local community: the more people who buy a subscription – the higher the prize money!
St Martin’s PCC
For further information please contact via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This lottery is operated by THE PAROCHIAL CHURCH COUNCIL
OF THE ECCLESIASTICAL PARISH OF WINKFIELD, CRANBOURNE AND CHAVEY DOWN. Charity
number: 1165536 and will follow the rules for a “small society lottery” as
defined by the charity commission.
You will be notified of your number(s) when payment has been received.
Applicants must be over 16.
St Martin’s Chavey Down Charity Lottery – Club Rules
1. The object of the Club is to raise funds for St Martins Church, Hall and Car Park.
2. The Lottery will be run under the supervision of the Winkfield, Cranbourne & Chavey Down PCC who will also administer the Club.
3. The Lottery is open to all Residents of Chavey Down and the surrounding area, their family and friends,
4. Members must be 16 or over.
5. Members must fill in an application form (attached).
6. Entry will be by subscription of £12 per year per number, paid in advance. Payment details are given on the entry form.
7. Members may have more than one number.
8. New members can join at any time, numbers will be allocated when payment is received and will be entered into the next draw with the prize fund increasing proportionally.
9. We reserve the right to wind up the Lottery if the number of entries falls below 100, outstanding entry fees will be returned.
10. The draw will be quarterly on the 1st Sunday of January, April, July and October.
11. Winners will be contacted personally and names will be posted in the Church Porch with winning numbers displayed on the church web site each month after the draw.
12. The regular Quarterly prize fund will be 25% of the Annual Income— there will be three prizes: -
Ø 1st prize = 67% of quarterly prize fund (£50* if 100 members)
Ø 2nd prize = 26% of quarterly prize fund (£20* if 100 members)
Ø 3rd prize = 7% of quarterly prize fund (£5* if 100 members)
*Rounded to the nearest whole pound.
13. An offline electronic register will be kept recording the name and address of each member, the number(s) allocated to them and the subscriptions received from them. All personal data held will be kept in accordance with our data protection privacy notice – see www.winkfieldandcranbourne.org.uk
14. Unless otherwise advised, a member will be deemed to have left the Lottery if his or her subscription renewal remains unpaid for a period of one month.
15. If a winner cannot be contacted, the winnings will be placed into the Winkfield PCC funds after 6 months.
Please inform us of any changes to your details by
email form on the Contact Us page of our website: